Become a Member
We encourage you to become a member of the Erasmus Foundation if:
- You wish to keep in contact with the Dutch culture.
- You want to contribute to a mutual understanding and friendship between the Netherlands and Australia.
- You want to meet like-minded people at our meetings.
- You want to have an opportunity to speak Dutch.
The Erasmus Foundation is your Dutch cultural institute in Victoria. Being a member indicates that you are interested in the Dutch Culture. You will receive announcements of our upcoming functions by email.
At our meetings we invite speakers, performers or show films on Dutch related subjects. Meetings are held in English and are often followed by lively discussions (see our list of previous guest speakers). You will also be able to converse in Dutch.
We generally meet at the Abel Tasman Club, located at 60 Rosstown Rd, Carnegie. Dutch snacks or meals are available for our functions there and a bar caters for special Dutch beverages. Easy car parking and public transport (train) is available nearby. There is ample opportunity for members and guests to meet one another whilst enjoying Dutch food or a drink. Films are usually shown at a selected cinema.
How to become a member?
What does it cost?
- Per 1 July 2015 membership is free but events will be charged as appropriate. Donations are welcome to assist with our expenses.
Becoming a member of the Dutch Club Abel Tasman
Although we are a separate group, we changed our legal structure and are now a subgroup of the Dutch Club Abel Tasman. You can also be a member of the Dutch Club Abel Tasman at a cost of $25 per annum by completing and signing their application form which can be downloaded here. The completed form can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or sent to the postal address on the form (with a cheque if not paid by bank transfer).