1. Dutch News on SBS Two TV 12:30 -1 pm everyday (via satellite from BVN, in Dutch, no subtitles).
2. Dutch Language Classes
There are a number of Dutch languages classes in Melbourne. Dutch Language in Australia has been set up to assist students and teachers with resources for Dutch language teaching. It lists the various tuition options on its "Where can I learn Dutch?" page. In summary:
- The Victorian School of Languages offers Dutch languages classes as part of the VELS (year1-10) and VCE (year11-12) curriculum. Classes are taught on Saturday morning at the Box Hill campus.
- The Centre for Adult Education offers Dutch evening classes at three levels during the week. These classes are aimed at adults of all ages.
- For young children there are various playgroup and kids classes.
- There are also private tuition classes for children and adults.
Try some words here:
3. Book " A Dutch Vocabulary"
What: A Dutch vocabulary book originally written by Bruce Donaldson and completely revised and expanded by Renée Feikema and An Sneyers. It is intended for English-speaking students of Dutch whatever course they are following. It was designed to supplement the limited vocabulary of course books. The units of words have been grouped under broad general topics. By systematically working through this book, and at the same time following a course or a course book, the student should build up a good, everyday functional vocabulary. The book is not a substitute for a dictionary.
Cost: $22.20 ( including postage).
Orders: email email@example.com.